Monday, March 5, 2012

Broke

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

I moved to Laguna Beach three years ago for work and think it’s time to head home. I got my first Finance job out here and started out making what I thought was a lot of money. That is, until I went to buy groceries, signed up for direct tv pacific beach CA, got my power bill, and went out for a night on the town. Break. The. Bank. No one tells you when you move here that the massive check you get every two weeks that would buy you a brand new BMW in Atlanta will barely cover your utilities in California. Obviously, the other perks are incredible. The weather, the women. But, I don’t know how much longer I can scrape pennies just to take a woman out on a date. I live in a studio apartment overlooking a cement pad with no outdoor space and no central air. What I pay in rent could buy me a Buckhead loft overlooking the skyline of Atlanta and a fancy-schmancy meal 3 nights a week. Time to start packing.

No comments: